Activity Worker – Term Opportunity
(Term position May – September 2021)
First Nation Healing Centre is currently seeking an Activity Worker. The Activity Worker position is a full-time (80 hours), term, until the end of September 2021. This Activity Worker will be responsible to coordinate events and activities for the residents and outreach clients of the First Nation Healing Centre. This person will play an integral role in the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual wellness of clients. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative team tasked with addressing family violence intervention, prevention, and outreach programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will work under the supervision of the Executive Director, to deliver activities
- Work closely with the Program Facilitator, the Childcare worker, and the Outreach Counselor to plan activities
- Capable of managing their workload, prioritizing tasks, creating an activity calendar
- To coordinate activities for residents (ex. pizza nights, cooking classes, fitness, dance classes, attend ceremonies, medicine picking, beach days, picnics, etc.)
- responsible to coordinate transportation for these types of events.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Time management and ability to take direction
- hours ranging in the evenings and weekends, during times of when the residents are not programming.
- Outreach clients are community members our centre works with outside of the centre and within the community. (Residents include women residing at the centre and their children).
- Will accept Highschool Diploma, preferably relevant postsecondary education. Or will accept 2 plus years of experience in social work/relevant experience.
- Must have a drivers license
- The successful candidate will possess strong communications skills and be personable so that they can maintain a good healthy mentorship relationship with clients/residents
- Must be action oriented, demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate business professionalism.
Deadline for Resumes: May 7, 2021 @ 4:30 pm. All applicants must submit three reference names and contact information of their recent supervisors to:
Human Resource Coordinator
Fax: (204) 645-2745 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.