Housekeeper – Full Time Opportunity
FULL TIME HOUSEKEEPER (80 hours bi- weekly)
First Nation Healing Centre is a non-profit organization which is currently seeking a Housekeeper. The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the entire building that includes all offices, front entrance, hallways, exercise room, storage rooms, all bathrooms, boardroom & mechanical rooms. In addition, the housekeeper builds trusting relationships with residents and ensures they are supported and comforted by having a cleanly centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans all office areas, washrooms, empties garbage containers, sweeps and clears entrance ways as required.
- Cleans outside decks and/or maintains in cooperation with maintenance and cook
- Cleans floors with regular polishing in office areas, hallways, dining room, boardroom, front entrance/hallway.
- Sanitizes bedrooms if time permits and coordinates overall cleaning during breaks between programs.
- Orientates and assigns the resident’s weekly chores.
- Reports needed repairs or replacement of household fixtures to the maintenance worker.
- Consult with maintenance and Director on cleaning supplies
- Forwards all invoices and/or billings to the Executive Director.
- Checks all incoming deliveries related to cleaning supplies to ensure orders have been filled as requested are accurate.
- Attends all staff meetings, staff retreats and job-related training sessions or courses both within and outside the Centre which are designed to enhance knowledge and/or development.
- At least 2 years of experience in handling cleaning chemicals, materials and equipment to perform housekeeping tasks.
- Must be aware of the impact and effects of abuse on the lives of woman and children.
- Cleaning experience in a residential setting and/or home management experience would be preferred.
- WHIMIS and/or First aid certification is an asset.
- Must submit a criminal record check child abuse registry check, and drug test (as per the FRCN By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01);
- To work in an environment that must be welcoming, supportive and secure to those who seek shelter and healing.
Please submit a Cover Letter along with your Resume to:
Colleen Amos, Human Resource Coordinator
Email: [email protected].; or Fax: 204-645-2745
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: Nov. 20th, 2023 at 4:30 pm
*We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The successful candidates will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-Law 2004-01.) *